[RASMB] capillary viscosimeter

Stephen Harding Steve.Harding at nottingham.ac.uk
Mon Aug 19 05:56:16 PDT 2013

Dear Holger/Sabine/ all.
We looked at Anton-Paar's rolling ball viscometer about 7 years ago and found that silanization of the capillary led to considerable improvement: Anton-Paar - who were really helpful - did this for us on request and I think they still do this, although there is a charge.  [nb. We found standard Ostwald viscometers are still considerably more accurate than the rolling ball for dilute solution intrinsic viscosity work].
My student Yanling Lu wrote up a section on this in her PhD thesis, I will see if I can find it and send it on,
All best
Steve

Stephen E. Harding, http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/Biosciences/People/steve.harding
Professor of Applied Biochemistry, University of Nottingham