[RASMB] interference optical system black out

Alexander Gubarev as_gubarev at mail.ru
Wed Aug 28 10:17:27 PDT 2013

 Dear All,

after about one hour of SV experiment with XL-I ultracentrifuge I noticed that the interference optical system window at the top of XL-I software is black without fringes (see the attachment). The XL-I started saving horizontal lines with little random  noise. So after I made sure that the reboot of both centrifuge and the computer did not help I had reinstalled the monochromator which did not help either.
 I have checked the integrity of frame-grabber cable as well as laser parameters (delay + duration).
According to "optical system troubleshooting" the next step would be "check f the laser is on". It says so in Details of Interference system.

I would really appreciate any comments and help in diagnosis of this problem!

The following procedures in "troubleshooting guide" are not clear for me:

* Check light path,  align under vacuum <200 microns ( Is alignment a software option? )
*Check the index pulse
*Check power to/from camera

Also I have noticed that the first column of pixels in the software interference window  is pulsing with white pixels wile centrifuge is running. All other time it stays black. The absorbance works perfectly fine both: wavelength and radial scan.

Thank you in advance for your help!

With best regard,
Alexander