[RASMB] ANNOUNCE: UltraScan 8.0 released

Borries Demeler demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Tue Jun 6 15:29:33 PDT 2006

Dear Colleagues:

I would like to announce release 8.0 of UltraScan.

Changes in this release include improvements in the database code
for managing experimental result data. Major re-design work has been
accomplished on the Windows version of UltraScan to permit directly
communicating with the public UltraScan LIMS, and to facilitate public
supercomputer access. In addition, a redesigned archiving utility now
offers complete portability of UltraScan data archives between
all platforms.

While I still recommend the Linux versions for superior performance,
we verified and tested the Windows version for use with the 2-dimensional
spectrum analysis, and the database-bound supercomputer access through
the public UltraScan LIMS (http://uslims.uthscsa.edu). The 2-dimensional
spectrum analysis under Windows works fine when started as a separate
program (us_sa2d.exe) from the UltraScan install directory.

Best regards, -Borries
---
Borries Demeler, Ph.D.
The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
Dept. of Biochemistry, MC 7760
7703 Floyd Curl Drive, San Antonio, Texas 78229-3901
Voice: 210-567-6592, Fax: 210-567-1136, Email: demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu