[RASMB] liposomes

Ariel Lustig ariel.lustig at bluewin.ch
Fri Jun 24 10:02:08 PDT 2005

Dear Richard,dear  Christine and colleauges who are interested in the liposome subject,
Richard, you gave me the hint :DENSITY! and reminded me that I tryed  to  run not only an rapid  dynamical gradient (A. Lustig et al BBA1115 (1991 )89 -95  BBAGEN 23614 that is not suitable  for  this density  range (ro 1.0 to 1.01) later  I discribed  at the Xth Symposium 1997 in Regensburg p.26 a static Nycodenz
density  gradient that  I calibrated  with  tar 1.022and poly-sterat 1.007 particles. also in  my  gradient
liposomes  do not show a unic  gradient(several  bands that could not be repeated from  preparation to  preparation). As you  also  I think they are  dispersed but do not  float?. Both methode we used to determine particles at about  ro 1.1to1.2 of lipid/protein.
 Actually an even a  better  methode is  the one of Ching-Hsien Huang and James P Charlton JBC vol 216 N°8 April 1971"
Determination of
Part. Spec.Vol. by sed. vel. methode".
Like you if the particles  are not mono, I'm as  we say  in german <am ende unser Lateins<
regards...ariel