[RASMB] Multi-wavelength velocity

Leech, AP apl3 at york.ac.uk
Mon Jun 13 10:43:01 PDT 2005

Peter Schuck wrote:

> Hi Dror,
> We've
> been doing a lot of sedimentation velocity runs scanning 7 cells, even
> at 2 or 3 wavelengths simultaneously.  We use a radial incrmement of
> 0.003, and no averages, in the continuous mode.  Yes, if you are running
> at 50,000 rpm, and have 7 cells and 2 absorbance wavelenghts (+ 1 set if
> IF scans in between), you get time intervals of scans of about 15 min.
>
> Regards,
> Peter

Hello Peter, RASMBers,

Do you have trouble with the wavelength re-setting when you use
multiple wavelengths in velocity experiments?

The XL/A software for both equilibrium and velocity seems to
collect data at all selected wavelengths for a given cell then
pass to the next cell; I think it would be nice to have an
option to collect data from all cells at one wavelength then
move the monochromator, which would decrease the probability of
wavelength errors. What do other people think?

Best regards,

Andrew

--
Dr Andrew Leech                   *  Laboratory Manager
Technology Facility               *  Molecular Interactions Laboratory
PO Box 373,  York  YO10 5YW       *  Email : apl3 at york.ac.uk