[RASMB] Open Scientist Position

Blasie, Cheryl [CNTUS] CBlasie at CNTUS.JNJ.COM
Fri Jun 3 17:05:00 PDT 2005

Good Friday afternoon!

I am looking for a candidate for an open scientist position at Centocor.  I
have posted the description and requirements below.

We seek a biophysical chemist devoted to the management of biophysical
characterization of theraputic proteins
in drug development.  This person will also develop new biophysical assays
as required for protein characterization.
Experience in the analytical ultracentrifugation, differential scanning
calorimetry, and circular dichroism is required.
Experience in  static and dynamic laser light scattering,
UV/visible/fluorescence spectrometry, and FT-IR
is highly desirable.  General biochemical skills such as SDS-PAGE, HPLC,
N-terminal sequencing,
or mass spectrometry and familiarity with GLP and/or GMP practices are also
helpful.
The essential functions include:
1)  the characterization of drug substances using biophysical techniques to
support all stages of pharmaceutical development from preclinical to BLA
filing;
2)  interpretation of experimental data;
3)  writing and reviewing technical documents; and
4)  supervision of direct reports.

Other responsibilities include:
1) aiding in the data interpretation from others in the group
2)  instrument maintainance
3)  notebook review.

Please feel free to call me for more information as well.

Thank you and have a great weekend!

Cheryl

Cheryl A. Blasie, Ph.D.
Centocor, Inc.