[RASMB] Origin software and vbar

John Correia jcorreia at biochem.umsmed.edu
Wed May 4 14:35:00 PDT 2005

This may seem to be an odd question, but why are you using the Beckman
Origin software?  Depending upon your guru (Schuck & sedfit or Stafford
& SEDANAL or Demeler & Ultrascan or ... ) there are incredible packages
being developed out there - & they all work when applied to appropriate
systems - we use a combination of c(s) g(s) to establish a hypothesis,
maybe some weight average fitting to explore energetics, and then global
direct boundary fitting to hetero models with SEDANAL as the final step!
 I realize Beckman is trying to make it uniform & simple, but with the
versatility, power and elegance of these new analysis methods, why would
you settle for simple?

 Dr. John J. "Jack" Correia
 Department of Biochemistry
 University of Mississippi Medical Center
 2500 North State Street
 Jackson, MS  39216
 (601) 984-1522
 fax (601) 984-1501