[RASMB] Regarding V-bar calculation of peptide containing non-natural amino acid

Rocco Mattia mattia.rocco at hsanmartino.it
Fri Sep 29 01:10:30 PDT 2017

Hi Prasun,

good work. To answer your question, it depends on the level of accuracy you need for the computed vbar... and bearing in mind that even the best computed vbar could be different from a real, measured one.

If you're going to try and calculate a vbar using the Durchschlag/Zipper rules, my suggestion is that you first try to reproduce already calculated vbars for a couple of AA residues. You can find their values in the US-SOMO somo.residue table, accessible from the pull-down menu on the top left side of the main program. Please feel free to come back to me for any further assistance.

All the best - Mattia