[RASMB] Regarding V-bar calculation of peptide containing non-natural amino acid

prasun kumar prasun30 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 00:46:13 PDT 2017

Hi Mattia and the group:

Thank You for the response. I installed US-SOMO and just to check whether
it is working for peptides with non-natural amino acids, I used one PDB ID
(1GOE). It contains DPN and AIB.

Program says it has got unrecognised residues and asked me to take the
average value or stop processing......
I chose the first option and got the V-bar value.

Now the question is whether considering the average values for the
non-natural amino acids is a good idea or not.... If no then do you think I
should also go back and refer to the "bible".

I am doing my experiments in PBS+Water solvent (pH 7.4)

Regards
Prasun

PRASUN (ASHOKA)
Desire + stability = Resolution