[RASMB] Problems in analysis of proteins using analytical ultracentrifugation

Prasad Satyamurthy psatyamurthy at wockhardt.com
Thu Dec 4 22:50:02 PST 2014

Dear All,
             I have couple of problems in the analysis my proteins using analytical ultracentrifugation.
First one is that I am trying to analyse the association state of my protein complex that is formed in between two proteins that associate to form crystals in buffer solutions. These crystals are about a few microns in size. So it is possible to study the association state of such big size particles using analytical ultracentrifugation. Also I do not know how to calculate the v bar of bigger size particles of about 500 nm is it independent of size?

Second problem that I was having was when I was analysing a lipoprotein (protein having a hydrophobic lipid tail attached to it) does any one have any idea how to analyse such samples ?

Any opinion or suggestion regarding the above problems that I am facing would be of great help to me.

Thanks

Prasad Satyamurthy

Genomics and Biotechnology

D4 Chikalthana Aurangabad

Email: psatyamurthy at wockhardt.com

Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to. Please Visit our Corporate Web Sites www.wockhardt.com <http://www.wockhardt.com>, www.wockhardt.co.uk <http://www.wockhardt.co.uk> & www.wockhardthospitals.com

Information transmitted by this E-MAIL is proprietary to Wockhardt Ltd. and/ or its Group Companies and/or,its Customers and is intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law.If you are not the intended recipient or it appears that this mail has been forwarded to you without proper authority, you are notified that any use or dissemination of this information in any manner is strictly prohibited. In such cases, please delete this mail from your records.