[RASMB] Reproducibility in densitometry measurement

HGSR (Holger Martin Strauss) hgsr at novonordisk.com
Wed Oct 1 00:26:12 PDT 2014

Hi John,

We try to go as high as possible in concentration, since the vbar is in the density difference between solution and solvent, so we try to make this as large as possible. We have gotten "reasonable" (not to say accurate) values down to 0.5 mg/mL with the DMA5000, but it is really pain. Also, the concentration error becomes more significant at small solute/solvent density differences.

I should add, that our results were still getting better after months of regular/obsessive (well...) use of the instrument. Getting the knack of it wasn't easy nor quick.

Best of luck, Holger