[RASMB] Radial-dependent noise in Beckmann XL-I

Leech, AP andrew.leech at york.ac.uk
Thu Jan 26 06:30:55 PST 2012

Hi All,

 From Anna's mention of different wavelengths I would infer it is seen
in absorption measurements rather than interference. However I agree
that running experiments away from 20C does seem to result in oil
deposition in odd places.

I would look at the intensity data from the scans for sample and
reference to see if there is a "drop" in light intensity, it could
be oil condensing somewhere along the light path anywhere from the
lamp to the photomultiplier tube, but the lamp assembly, any windows
and the monochromator are easiest to check.

Hope this helps,

Andrew