[RASMB] Different results with same C(s) model from different softwares

Lee Wei Lin wlee at imcb.a-star.edu.sg
Tue Nov 3 02:39:52 PST 2009

Hi,

I have done a velocity experiment in hope of doing a quick determination of the number of species and the size of protein complexes formed in my setup.
I have been doing C(s) analysis using Sedfit and Ultrascan. For most of my datasets, results generated from both softwares are almost identical, which I expect to be the case. However for 3 of my datasets within the same run, I am getting different results with the two softwares. With Sedfit, I get a single peak at S=3-4. With Ultrascan, I get two peaks at 3.3 and 4.2. Which one should I believe? Do I have 2 species or just 1 species in my sample?

Many thanks in advance.

Wei Lin

Note: This message may contain confidential information. If this Email/Fax has been sent to you by mistake, please notify the sender and delete it immediately. Thank you.