[RASMB] analysis of biotech samples [was: non-ideality in SV]

John Correia jcorreia at biochem.umsmed.edu
Wed Apr 9 12:51:44 PDT 2008

Just though I would add a little to this thread:

(4) I agree with Arthur that to date most biotech companies have not been terribly interested in reversible association thermodynamics. This is probably going to change at least somewhat due to (3) above.
I have worked with  a number of companies on drugs that interact with tubulin and in each case I was allowed to pursue the full thermodynamic analysis of the AUC data.  It has a lot to do with how you sell it to them, who their research director is, and how successful you are at convincing readers, reviewers and the company the data has predictive value.  Good data and rigorous analysis is never a bad idea, even if companies are focused on their bottom line.

Dr. John J. "Jack" Correia
Department of Biochemistry
University of Mississippi Medical Center
2500 North State Street
Jackson, MS  39216
(601) 984-1522
fax (601) 984-1501
email address: jcorreia at biochem.umsmed.edu
homepage location: http://biochemistry.umc.edu/correia.html
dept homepage location:    http://biochemistry.umc.edu/

Individuals who have received this information in error or are not authorized to receive it must promptly return or dispose of the information and notify the sender. Those individuals are hereby notified that they are strictly prohibited from reviewing, forwarding, printing, copying, distributing or using this information in any way.