[RASMB] Multiple wavelength data

John Burgner jburgner at purdue.edu
Tue Apr 10 20:39:53 PDT 2007

If I am collecting data at 280 and above 400nm, I run with the lever
parallel to the stem. This is with the filter out of the beam.  The filter
is for removing  stray light from higher order diffractions from the uv part
of the spectrum and consequently filters out most if not all of the uv
energy.  I usually don't bother with the filter unless I am running a sample
with a high absorbance in the visible range and not collecting data in the
uv. The other problem with the filter is that I usually forget to take it
out of the beam and end up having to stop and restart the centrifuge, which
is annoying to say the least.
John