[RASMB] Can I get ls-g*(s) without meniscus and RI noise fitting?

Peter Schuck pschuck at helix.nih.gov
Fri Mar 3 06:13:42 PST 2006

Yi-Ming,
usually I do not fit with RI noise when analyzing absorbance data, unless
there is something in the buffer that makes the absorbance change with
time.   Regarding the fitting range, you have to always adjust this to
exclude optical artifacts in the meniscus region from the data to be
considered in the analysis.  In your case of an ls-g*(s) analysis, you also
want to exclude the back-diffusion region (since ls-g*(s) won't be able to
describe that).
Peter