[RASMB] Can I get ls-g*(s) without meniscus and RI noise fitting?

Yi-Ming_Li at hgsi.com Yi-Ming_Li at hgsi.com
Thu Mar 2 11:05:04 PST 2006

Hi:
Using Sedit, I am trying to get the ls-g*(s) profiles of some proteins from
the absorbance data.  I found that fitting the meniscus and RI noise
results in the baseline going up in low s region. It seems that fitting
range is also important for the shape of the ls-g*(s). So I would like to
know if it is ok to get the ls-g*(s) without meniscus floating (fitting)
and RI noise fitting and set the data fitting range starting point (6.1500
cm) a little bit further away from the meniscus (5.9771 cm).

Thanks!

Yi-Ming