[RASMB] systematic differences

Leech, AP apl3 at york.ac.uk
Wed Sep 6 02:05:10 PDT 2006

Dear all,

A quick back of the envelope calculation assuming the width of a sector
is 3mm, makes Jack's 0.05 cm discrepancy equal to 18 mm^3 (18 uL) difference
in volume in the cell (for about 420 uL filling), which would correspond
to a difference in width of ~0.125 mm along the solution column. Does
anyone know if this is within manufacturing tolerance of the cells? It
seems a little large. Perhaps the CAMIS people have an idea of the spread
of cell measurements?

I presume Jack tracked the discrepancy by not refilling the cells but
shaking them up then moving them?

Andrew