[RASMB] vbar

John Philo jphilo at mailway.com
Wed Jun 7 08:30:38 PDT 2006

RASMB,

With regard to Chad's question about the accuracy of the calculated vbar, I
have seen and published one case where the calculated vbar was clearly way
off, giving an apparent MW 9% lower than the sequence value. The
Edelstein-Schachman D20/H20 method proved the calculated vbar was wrong. See
Philo, J. S., Yang, T. H., and LaBarre, M. (2004). Re-examining the
oligomerization state of macrophage migration inhibitory factor (MIF) in
solution.  Biophys. Chem. 108, 77-87.

John