[RASMB] 6-channel centerpieces

Virgil Schirf schirfv at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Tue Dec 13 07:58:53 PST 2005

Rasa,

We have titanium 6-channel centerpieces and housings from Nanolytics.
The housings are much the same as the typical 2-channel centerpiece
housings and the only way to work with them is the procedure that Claus
described. I put in the bottom window and the centerpiece (with gaskets)
and then put in an empty window holder, screw ring gasket and screw
ring. The housing weren't designed with grooves so using a newer torque
wrench, I tighten to about 60 inch-pounds and secure the assembly with
the hole screws. Then I remove the window holder, screw ring gasket and
screw ring, pipet in the samples, place the window assembly and screw
ring gasket and screw ring and tighten to 120 inch-pounds. Since
discovering this method, I haven't had any leakage problems. Although
cumbersome, it seems to be very effective.

Virgil