[RASMB] 6-channel centerpieces

Rasa, M.V m.rasa at tue.nl
Tue Dec 13 06:01:20 PST 2005

Dear colleagues,

We have the opportunuity to use 6-channel centerpieces for aqueous
solutions,
but we don't have the special housings described in the manual. I
think(?) that it is O.K. to use
the 2-channel housings by tightening the cell to 60 inch-pounds,
screwing it, removing the upper window,
filling the channels, and finally tightening it to 120-140 inch-pounds.
I think(?) that the protruding side
of the centerpiece should be upwards. Have you tried that?

On the other hand, since the channels are quite small, should we expect
problems with analysis because of (maybe) too narrow equilibrium
profiles?

Thanks,

Mircea.