[RASMB] AUC windows

cjohnson at salk.edu cjohnson at salk.edu
Mon Nov 28 17:16:22 PST 2005

thanks to john for referring me to the archive e-mail discussion re: AUC
windows.  after reading through these i feel i must give a word or two of
caution to the group:  the quartz windows i spoke of in my last missive (3
broken out of 6 in the first run) were from saint-gobain quartz.  i did
see a few articles touting the saint-gobain windows, but i would do the
exact opposite.  in fact, another run was done today and we lost window
number 4.  it seems to me that you get what you pay for.  $600/window from
beckman is outrageous, but it sure beats broken windows, lost data, and
lost time.

Casey D. Johnson x1976
Salk Institute
Structural Biology Lab - Choe