[RASMB] Open Position

rkroe at rdg.boehringer-ingelheim.com rkroe at rdg.boehringer-ingelheim.com
Mon Nov 28 06:59:33 PST 2005

Dear RASMBers,

I have the following position open in my lab.   Interested applicants can
contact me directly or apply through our website using the attached link.

Rachel R. Kroe, Ph.D.
Sr. Research Associate - Biophysics
Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals
900 Ridgebury Rd.
Ridgefield, CT 06877-0368
Phone: (203) 778 7740
Fax:  (203) 791 6196

Title

Scientist II / III

Department

Biophysics

Job Type

Full Time

Job Category

Science/Research & Development

Location

Connecticut-Danbury/Bridgeport

City

Ridgefield

Our Culture - Come Discover Us

Boehringer Ingelheim is a family-owned company that is in the business of
providing our customers with pharmaceutical and animal health products that
significantly enhance their health and improve their quality of life. Our
most important resource is our committed, creative and determined employees
whose energy is focused on discovery, development and delivery of our
innovative products to those who need them. The employees of Boehringer
Ingelheim are our most important competitive advantage. Our global presence
and thinking provides the opportunity for employees to work internationally
and on teams, offering them visibility and the ability to influence the
direction and outcome of critical projects. Competitive benefit and
compensation programs reflect the Company's high regard for its employees
and enhance each person's ability to balance the demands of work and
personal responsibilities. Every employee at Boehringer Ingelheim
contributes to the company's uncompromising commitment to quality in our
products, excellence in our scientific pursuits and high ethical standards
of behavior. The diversity of our employees makes it possible for us to
craft unique solutions to today's complex business challenges. We are an
equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V.

Job Description

REQUIREMENTS

*	Biochemistry, Biophysics or related degree, B.S. + 3 years
experience or M.S.
*	Experience in Surface Plasmon Resonance techniques (Biacore)
*	Familiarity with various biophysical methods (Calorimetry,
Analytical Ultracentrifugation (AUC), Light Scattering)
*	Understanding of kinetics and equilibrium binding
*	Strong data analysis skills
*	Experience in characterizing protein therapeutics (especially mAbs)
*	Ability to multi-task and organize multiple experiments
simultaneously
*	Ability to perform as a team member essential
*	Ability to collaborate and communicate with scientists from various
disciplines
*	Must be highly motivated and independent performer with excellent
written and oral communication skills
*	Industry experience a plus

DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES

*	Design, develop and execute Biacore and Kinexa assays as designated
*	Perform routine protein quality control assays (AUC, Capillary
Electrophoresis)
*	Analyze and interpret data
*	Maintain laboratory notebook according to guidelines and to company
guidelines

Requisition ID

RD1806

Date Posted