[RASMB] Heterogenous association

Yu-Chia Cheng chengy at che.udel.edu
Mon Oct 17 10:28:18 PDT 2005

Dear AUC experts,

I am trying to verify whether ovalbumin (MW 45,000) and lysozyme (MW 15,000) associates at pH 7 and 2M ammonium sulfate solutions so I ran SE at 15, 20 and 25K and the radial concentration profiles obtained at 16, 17, and 18 hours indicate that the system has reached equilibrium. (I ran SV as well but the S(20,W) didn't exceed S(20,W, ovalbumin))

However, here comes the problem. How do i analyze the equilibrium results to verify whether or not there is association between these two species?

Should I run 1-component fitting model to obtain estimated the molecular weight and then plot <M>app with concentration?
Or should i just go ahead and fit results with A+B=AB models and believe the fitted numbers?
What software works better for such case?

Thank you very much.

Sincerely,
Yu-Chia Cheng

Yu-Chia Cheng