[RASMB] Cell Leak

Borries Demeler demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Wed Aug 24 22:34:01 PDT 2005

Those are all good suggestions. And I think we are apparently not the
only ones using epon centerpieces at 60k :-) In my opinion the cps
will survive short times at 60k with differential column loadings, but of
course you want to minimize the time as much as possible. So aside from
the somewhat cumbersome methods suggested by Peter I would recommend to
just closely watch the menisci of both channels for every scan, even in
the slower absorbance scanning mode.  If you see them change position,
it is early enough to shut down the machine right away and save your cell.
Prolonged exposure to different column heights will most certainly damage
the septum.

Regards, -Borries