AW: [RASMB] lamp intensity drop

John Weeks john at wavemetrics.com
Tue Jun 28 11:54:01 PDT 2005

>Bad news about this is that I do not know what material the new O-ring is
>made off. I suppose it is Viton but since it came from a large collection of
>different O-rings on the shelf of our workshop I am not sure.

Viton O-rings are somewhat greenish, usually somewhat harder than standard
neoprene O-rings, and somewhat slippery. They are good to higher
temperatures than other types, and have lower gas permeability than
anything except butyl.

(I don't know anything about ultracentrifuges, but I spent 20 years working
with extremely high-pressure rock presses in a rock mechanics lab :)

Regards,
John Weeks

WaveMetrics, Inc.
Phone (503) 620-3001