[RASMB] Am I missing something?

Walter Stafford stafford at bbri.org
Fri Jun 10 23:03:00 PDT 2005

Hi Dror,
	You can double your through-put by putting samples into both
sectors of a single cell and collecting intensity data. There are at
least 2 programs that can process intensity data into
pseudo-absorbance data: SEDFIT by Peter Schuck and SEDANAL by
Sherwood & Stafford can both handle intensity data in various types
of analysis.

Walter

>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>The older archived RASMB emails can be found at:
>http://rasmb-email.bbri.org/rasmb_archives
>and current archives at
>http://rasmb-email.bbri.org/pipermail/rasmb/
>Search All the Archives at:
>http://rasmb-email.bbri.org/rasmb_search.html
>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>Dear all,
>I'm running sedimentation velocity experiments on our XLA where a
>typical scan (no replicates, r=6.0 to 7.2) takes about 1 min. If I
>try to scan two cells or more, the time interval between scans
>increases proportionally because the XLA software scans the cells
>one at a time (i.e. scans the whole radial range for cell 1 then
>cell 2 etc.). This makes scanning several cells unreasonably slow.
>Does anybody know if it's possible to scan multiple cells
>simultaneously a radial step at a time (i.e. measure at r=x for all
>the cells then for r = x+dx for all cells etc.)?
>Thanks,
>Dror
>=========================
>Dror Noy, Ph.D.