[RASMB] Am I missing something?

Dror Noy dror.noy at weizmann.ac.il
Mon Jun 6 15:58:01 PDT 2005

Dear all,
I'm running sedimentation velocity experiments on our XLA where a
typical scan (no replicates, r=6.0 to 7.2) takes about 1 min. If I try
to scan two cells or more, the time interval between scans increases
proportionally because the XLA software scans the cells one at a time
(i.e. scans the whole radial range for cell 1 then cell 2 etc.). This
makes scanning several cells unreasonably slow. Does anybody know if
it's possible to scan multiple cells simultaneously a radial step at a
time (i.e. measure at r=x for all the cells then for r = x+dx for all
cells etc.)?
Thanks,
Dror
Dror Noy, Ph.D.