[RASMB] Procedures for Cleaning Ultracentrifuge Cells

Allen H Pekar PEKAR_ALLEN_H at Lilly.com
Mon Feb 21 10:26:00 PST 2005

RASMB Members: Tom Laue's e-mail of Feb. 14, 2005 states that he has seen
"surface effects (most frequently surface binding and aggregation)" .  He
also has seen "differences from window to window and centerpiece to
centerpiece (of the same kind), suggesting that cleanliness may be a
problem".  I contacted Tom about recommended cleaning procedures for
centrifuge cells and he will be sending me the methods used in his lab.
Tom also suggested that I ask other RASMB members for their input.  If
anyone has a cleaning procedure which they think helps minimize
differences between cells, I would be very interested.  Thanks,  Allen
Pekar  (Eli Lilly and Company,  Indianapolis, Indiana)