[RASMB] UltraScan 7.0 released

Borries Demeler demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Sun Feb 20 22:52:01 PST 2005

Dear Colleagues,

I am happy to announce the release of UltraScan 7.0.  This version has
been released free for both academic and commercial use for all platforms
(including Windows and Macintosh OS-X).  UltraScan is available for
download from the UltraScan website at:

http://www.ultrascan.uthscsa.edu

What's new:

* All new AUC Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS)

* LIMS web portal for use with Apache and PHP module.

* New highly efficient and accurate finite element implementation of
an adaptive finite element solution of the Lamm equation for direct
boundary fitting.

* Documentation updates

* Supported platforms: Microsoft Windows, Macintosh OS-X, Free/Open/NetBSD,
Sun Sparc, SGI Irix, AMD Opteron 64-bit, Intel Solaris

* New Analysis methods: Now included is the new enhanced van Holde -
Weischet method (B. Demeler & K.E. van Holde, Sedimentation velocity
analysis of highly heterogeneous systems. (2004). Anal. Biochem. Vol
335(2):279-288) and also Peter Schuck's popular C(s) method (which also
provides C(MW) and C(D) distributions).

* improved global equilibrium fitting

* additional reporting functions.

I would also like to remind everyone of the monthly UltraScan workshops
over the AccessGrid Internet video conferencing system. For details
please visit:

http://www.ultrascan.uthscsa.edu/seminar.html

Let me know if you have any questions or find any bugs.

Regards, -Borries
---
The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
Dept. of Biochemistry, MC 7760
7703 Floyd Curl Drive, San Antonio, Texas 78229-3901
Voice: 210-567-6592, Fax: 210-567-1136, Email: demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu