[RASMB] swollen centerpiece

Ariel Lustig ariel.lustig at bluewin.ch
Wed Nov 17 14:47:00 PST 2004

Dear Andrew and colleagues,
Just during writing to you , John P. already gave the  right  prognose about  your  centerpiece, especially you already
gave  half the answer claiming that  a different  centerpiece easy to install. I do the same , rub with  fine emery paper
the outer centerpiece and try from time to time after puting  a   bit  grease-fat on the inside cell housing to test that
the swollen centerpiece  easy to  install.
Not longtime ago somebody asked how to remove such sticked centerpiece without damage. My aswer was to
cool the cell , since the  alu. and the apoxy shrinks differently.
                                                                                            Yours....ariel

ariel.lustig at bluewin.ch

Ariel Lustig ,
Consulting for Anal. Ultracentrifugation
Haltingerstr. 63
CH 4067 BASEL
 Switzerland