[RASMB] 3 mm centerpieces

Kristian Schilling schilling at nanolytics.de
Sun Jul 18 13:36:00 PDT 2004

Borries,

we have used 3-mm-centerpieces and have encountered no focus problems on
neither optical system.

We are having them manufactured in titanium, at the same source that also
builds our other titanium centerpieces. The spacers we make in aluminum. As
a matter of fact, I am planning to have another series made in september,
so let me know if you want to participate. I will also try to have them
make 1-mm-cps, but I am not sure they can do it; there will be little space
for the filling hole. These cps require gaskets.

Cheers,
Kristian

>If I were to replace the standard 1.2 cm centerpieces with the 3 mm
>version, and add the appropriate spacers, would I have to worry about
>adjusting the optics of the XLA, or will the spacers assure optimal
>focus for both optical systems (UV abs and IF)?
>
>The other question is about where to get them. Beckman apparently has
>them on back order, does anyone have an extra one they are willing to sell
>and a set of spacers we can buy? Does anyone else besides Beckman make these?
>
>Thanks, -Borries

Nanolytics
Gesellschaft fuer Kolloidanalytik mbH
Dr. Kristian Schilling