[RASMB] 3 mm centerpieces

Borries Demeler demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Sat Jul 17 08:39:00 PDT 2004

Hello all,

I have a question about 3 mm centerpieces:

If I were to replace the standard 1.2 cm centerpieces with the 3 mm
version, and add the appropriate spacers, would I have to worry about
adjusting the optics of the XLA, or will the spacers assure optimal
focus for both optical systems (UV abs and IF)?

The other question is about where to get them. Beckman apparently has
them on back order, does anyone have an extra one they are willing to sell
and a set of spacers we can buy? Does anyone else besides Beckman make these?

Thanks, -Borries