[RASMB] membrane prot.

Ariel Lustig ariel.lustig at bluewin.ch
Fri Jul 2 10:48:01 PDT 2004

Dear Holger, dear colleauges,
I believe that your main interest is to achieve the Mw of a membrane -prot compex MPC,were  ATP has to be
included . In such case for not MPC I shifted , if  The ATP concentration  is not too high to 284 -288 nm, there
the influence is minimal.
using theXLA. I have no  idea  about your mentioned detergent micelle density, but if it is above 1.08 so you cann't use D2O as densifier for gravitational transparency. I like to mention my(at al) BBA paper  1464 (2000) 199-206
and also the one  of Armin Ruf et al BBRC 315(2004) 247-254.
Using sucrose  as densifier very well matched with the reference channel,(same filling hight but not too long filling hight and moderated  speedsso that the detergent will remain sure over CMC) interference is possible. I dont believe that dialysing is possible at least it concerns many MP and detergents.
SV was used only as  a controll-instrument if a single  boundary  can be  achieved, but the S-observed has no relation to any to MW or whatever where the viscosity hard to mesure. so S20W has also no meaning.
I hope to give you soon  another paper adress that is now in revision.

Greeeting to all
 ariel  Attention of my new e-mail address
  (I'm now starting my activity as private person with consulting also at my old  place
the Biozentrum in Basel)

but if I just like to remind