[RASMB] JobOpen - Surface Plasmon Resonance Scientist I/II

RS&A RSA at sedona.net
Thu Jun 3 18:06:00 PDT 2004

Scientist I/II,  Analytical Biochemistry - Surface Plasmon Resonance
Methods Development Position# 1024

We are seeking a PhD level scientist with a strong experience in the use of
Surface Plasmon Resonance, esp using the BIAcore.  Our client company is a
progressive biopharmaceutical company with both large and small molecular
weight products in the marketplace and a strong product pipeline.  The
candidate will assume a leadership role in establishing a surface plasmon
resonance (SPR) group within Analytical Biochemistry.

Job Description:
§   The person should possess significant method development experience
with this technology, especially in the areas of protein quantitation,
epitope mapping, and binding kinetics.
§   Familiarity with all aspects of the operation and maintenance of the
Biacore 3000 instrument is required.
§   The candidate should have an excellent command of the current
scientific literature, and be able to apply this knowledge to solve current
development challenges.
§  Take active role in identifying and evaluating new technologies that
offer benefit to the group and company.

Job Requirements:
§   Education:  Ph.D., or equivalent, in biochemistry or analytical
biochemistry.  .
§   Experience:  Three to five years of post-graduate (or industrial)
experience in advanced SPR method development for the characterization
of  protein biopharmaceuticals.
§   Special Skills/Abilities:  Significant expertise in SPR method
development, especially with the Biacore 3000 platform is
required.  Experience with lab automation, especially with the TECAN
robotic platform is a definite plus

The candidate would require minimal supervision, and would be expected to
be able to function as an independent development scientist.  The candidate
would be expected to independently work on complex problems, and would be
expected to make significant contributions to the team.
If you have an interest in this or other opportunities, please send your
resume as a MS Word compatible file attached to email to the attention of
Basirah at RS&A.  All correspondence is held in strict confidence.

(Ms) Basirah Nur Abdu Al'Basit
RS&A  Scientific Search
P.O. Box 2337
Sedona, AZ 86339-2337