[RASMB] Postdoctoral Position

James Cole james.cole at uconn.edu
Fri Dec 5 09:46:00 PST 2003

Dear RASMBers:

I'm writing to solicit your help in identifying candidates for a
postdoctoral position in my laboratory. Please forward the message below to
qualified students. Thanks.

-Jim

Post-Doctoral Position

A post-doctoral position is available to work on a project studying the
molecular mechanism of the double stranded RNA-activated protein kinase,
PKR. We are using a combination of solution biophysical techniques and
functional measurements to define the stoichiometries, affinities and free
energy couplings for the formation of macromolecular complexes involved in
PKR activation.  Candidates should have a Ph.D. in a relevant area with an
interest in macromolecular interactions and demonstrated skills in several
of the following areas:  analytical ultracentrifugation, fluorescence
spectroscopy, computer programming, enzymology, and protein-nucleic acid
interactions. Interested individuals should send a curriculum vitae and the
names and contact information for three references to:

James Cole

Department of Molecular and Cell Biology and National Analytical
Ultracentrifugation Facility

University of Connecticut

91 North Eagleville Road, U-3125

Storrs, CT 06269-3125