[RASMB] XLA/computer communications

John Philo jphilo at mailway.com
Tue May 13 12:10:00 PDT 2003

Jim,

I've never heard of a similar situation so I suspect this problem is unique
to your computer, XL-A, or software configuration (sorry, small comfort).

With regard to upgrading computer and software, I think right now is a poor
time to do it. Beckman will "soon" be releasing a new version of the
instrument control software (what they call the "GUI") that runs under
Windows 2000, and I think it would be foolish to change until that happens.
I don't think there is a firm date for that release (which is driven by the
need to change the camera chip for the interference optics), but we've been
running beta versions in the new user training course for about a year now.

John Philo
Alliance Protein Laboratories