[RASMB] Interaction of A and B at different wavelenghts

lelj at interchange.ubc.ca lelj at interchange.ubc.ca
Mon Feb 24 20:42:00 PST 2003

Hello to all the RASMB members,

I would like to investigate an itereasting protein-protein interaction
system using equilibrium UC. I know that my first protein (let's call it A) self associate and that protien B binds to the oligomer. I managed to label protien B with a chromophore (I can't do the same for A), so I can use a wavelength to monitor B only and a second wavelength to monitor them both.  I would like to calculate binding constant, stoichiometry and ionic strength dependence.
I run experiments with different concentrations of A keeping B constant at different speeds collecting data at 2 different wavelengths!!! I do see an interactions between A oligomer and B but I don't know what program(s) I can use to fit my date i.e. something that can take into account the 2 wavelength, the different speeds and concentrations. Even something that take into account the 2 wavelengths and concentrations only.

Any suggestion would be much appreciated
thanks in advance
barbara

--
Barbara Lelj Garolla Di Bard