[RASMB] 1 mM H2O2 in epon centerpieces

Curth.Ute at mh-hannover.de Curth.Ute at mh-hannover.de
Wed Jan 10 03:09:43 PST 2024

Dear all,

have any of you ever used Al-Epon or Epon Charcoal-filled centerpieces with 1 mM H2O2?
In the chemical resistance List of Beckman Coulter, I found that epoxy resin and epoxy resin/carbon composite show unsatisfactory resistance against 3% H2O2 (=0.88 M).
Therefore, I also have reservations about using the centerpieces with 1 mM H2O2, unless any of you have already tried this successfully before.
I would be very grateful for any comments!

Thank you in advance,
Ute

Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Ute Curth
Medizinische Hochschule Hannover
Strukturbiochemie
OE 8830, Carl-Neuberg-Str. 1, 30625 Hannover, Germany
Tel.: +49 511 532-9372
curth.ute at mh-hannover.de
https://www.mhh.de/structural-biochemistry