[RASMB] XL-A "waiting for speed" forever

Marius Schmid marius_schmid at yahoo.de
Tue Feb 11 06:24:24 PST 2020

 Dear Alessandro,

If I remember correctly, I might have seen an error like this in the past. But I am not entirely sure if it was caused by the overspeed disc of the rotor or an malfunction of one of the control boards. Did you try to exchange the overspeed disc of the rotor? There might be a problem with the magnets on the overspeed disc and the hall sensor.

best wishes,
Marius

    Am Dienstag, 11. Februar 2020, 14:40:59 MEZ hat Alessandro S. Nascimento <asnascimento at ifsc.usp.br> Folgendes geschrieben:

 Dear RASMB members,
we are having a problem with our XL-A. I've searched in the list and the possible solutions I could find did not solve the problem.
Once the experiment is set up, with stabilized temperature and vacuum (0 micron) running at 3000 rpm the instrument status keeps as "waiting for speed" while the instrument is already stabilized @ 3000 rpm.

We tried to rapidly remove the white jumper and plug it again and also tried to setup a non-zero velocity with the door open (forcing a drive diagnostic). Those suggestions appeared in the list in the past. None of these could restore the sync between the instrument and the software.
Any clues on what could be going on?
I thank in advance,
-Alessandro

--