[RASMB] FDS hardware question

John Sumida jpsumida at uw.edu
Tue Oct 29 18:35:50 PDT 2019

Dear RASMB,

This is a question regarding the AVIV FDS system which is installed in our
Proteome XLI instrument.

The data acquisition board on our XLI failed this past summer and we
recently had a new board installed.  The Beckman portion of the instrument
appears to be fully functional, however the AVIV AOS software was not able
to determine the magnet angle in repeated attempts, returning the error:
"Calibration strip outside of size limits."

I've confirmed that the stepper motors and their calibration points are
correctly listed in the AOS software as well as in the *.RTF file.

I would be curious to know if anyone else has observed this issue on their
FDS systems and if so how was it resolved?

Thanks to all for your comments and time in considering my question.

John Sumida.

Molecular Analysis Facility

University of Washington.