[RASMB] Lithium acetate

Curth.Ute at mh-hannover.de Curth.Ute at mh-hannover.de
Mon Mar 20 06:02:35 PDT 2017

Dear all,

a collaboration partner asked me whether we could  perform an SV run under conditions he used for protein crystallization (1.8 M Lithium acetate, 100 mM HEPES pH 7.4, very high protein concentration).
Does anyone have experience with interference detection at such high concentrations of LiAc? I guess at least exact chemical match of the reference buffer and meniscus matching are highly critical.
I did not find LiAc in the chemical resistances table of Beckman, is it expected to do any harm to epon centerpieces or aluminum housings?
Any comments are highly welcome,

Ute

Prof. Dr. Ute Curth
Hannover Medical School
Research Core Unit for Structural Analysis, OE 8830
Carl-Neuberg-Str. 1
30625 Hannover
Germany

Phone:+49 511 5329372