[RASMB] SEDNTERP dead?

John Philo jphilo at mailway.com
Wed Mar 8 11:23:52 PST 2017

Chad, I believe those BITC SEDNTERP pages were being moved to another server
due to Tom Laue's retirement. I'm sure Tom will respond about that shortly.

But with respect to running SEDNTERP version 1.09 (which is much more bug
free than version 2), I'd suggest running it within a Windows XP virtual
machine. We do this on our Windows 10 computers in our lab using VMWare
Workstation (which is free for academic/research purposes). We do this in
part to run SEDNTERP version 1.09, but also to run other old programs we
find indispensable that aren't compatible with Windows 10.

For those of you still running Windows 7 Professional you can install a free
Windows XP virtual machine (from Microsoft), but that feature disappeared in
Windows 10 (and 8 too I think). In order to install XP using VMWare
Workstation you need a valid XP license key and installation CD or disk
image file (copies of XP can still be bought very cheaply on E-Bay etc. if
needed).

John