[RASMB] Technician Job for AUC person

David Hayes drdavidbhayes at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 8 13:24:07 PST 2016

Hi all,
At Boehringer Ingelheim (BI) in Ridgefield Connecticut I have an opening for an AUC technician for a one year contract position, subject to the hiring policies of BI and the PRO Unlimited staffing CRO.
The position is a contract position funded only for one year.  There is not any official benefit to from the position for future employment at BI, and you will officially be a contract worker "rented" to BI with no BI benefits, vacation time, or perks.  Different contract companies have different policies independent of BI.  So in other words, the employment conditions are somewhat equivalent to being adjunct faculty:  not preferable.  It can be a good transition job for a new graduate or otherwise mobile person.  In the past we have had good success with students taking a break year before gong further in their education.
The main purpose of the job is to be in the lab running 30 - 40 sedimentation velocity samples per month.A person with AUC experience is preferred, though we are willing to train someone with a biophysics background and good computer skills.  Experience in protein concentration by A280, making buffers, dialysis, pH measurements, and basic lab skills are expected.  Familiarity with other biophysical techniques is a plus.
We are looking immediately for a person to fill this job in Ridgefield Connecticut.
Please contact me, David Hayes, at david.hayes @ boehringer-ingelheim.com for information on how to be referred as a pre-selected candidate.
Kind Regards,
David