[RASMB] pept.sed

Ariel Lustig ariel.lustig at bluewin.ch
Sat Jul 13 05:35:19 PDT 2013

Dear  rasmb members, dear Marina Fasolini and who is interested....
I  am close  to 80 and  long time  retired, so out of  Auc activity. Just  I took out  a paper who  deals with
low  size peptides >> PNAS 27  Sept  2005 vol 102 N° 39   13891- 13896<<see also  supplementary infor.
( written   by Richard A  Kammerer,D  Kos...P Prog.,.S Honn...;D Avi...; Ariel Lustig  Auc, F  K  Wink...,J
J Pet..and   M O  Steinmetz)
WE  run  only   sed-eqilibr.   runs . Sed-vel. does  not  give  Mw"s results. As it  was  an  aggregation  system with  a few monomer ,  we try to fill  the   Ds  Cells with a short  column  of about   1mm. so
the  mid of the column  gives an  average Mw if  the  used   rotor  speed is not too  high. we  tested  several  peptide   concentrations; sure that different   conc. in the mid of  each  column  gives different  values, that makes  possible  to extrapolate to lowest  conc.
I hope that  my  explanation and  the   Pnas  paper  may  help  you farther....ariel
ariel.lustig at bluewin.ch