[RASMB] Announcement (2) UltraScan-III online seminar

Borries Demeler demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Fri Aug 26 10:18:18 PDT 2011

Dear Colleagues,

In conjunction with our official release of UltraScan-III next week,
we will resume our free online seminar series next week on Thursday,
September 1, at 11 am Central Daylight Time (+6 England, +7 rest of
western Europe, -2 west coast). During this 2-hour video conference
I will present an introductory demonstration for the installation
and configuration of UltraScan-III, setting up of a LIMS instance, and
demonstrate basic functionality such as data loading, editing and velocity
analysis. I will review new features using several example datasets for
illustration. Our UltraScan developers will all be available at this
seminar to answer your questions.

To present the seminar, we have switched from using AccessGrid to Evo,
which also provides phone and Skype bridging, and is more robust and
user-friendly than AccessGrid. Evo can be configured on any platform
and only requires Java's JRE, and a headset with microphone.  For Skype
and phone users, we are providing a VNC desktop sharing application,
for Evo users the dekstop will be shared via Evo (preferred).

You can find more information on Evo at: http://evo.caltech.edu/evoGate/
A FAQ is available at: http://evo-wiki.cern.ch/twiki/bin/view/FAQ
It is recommended to test your Evo connection before the meeting.

The meeting details are listed on the UltraScan website at:

              http://www.ultrascan.uthscsa.edu/seminar.php

We have opened the meeting two hours before starting the presentation to
allow sufficient time for testing.

Hope to see at our next seminar!

Best regards, -Borries
---
Borries Demeler, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
Dept. of Biochemistry, MC 7760
7703 Floyd Curl Drive, San Antonio, Texas 78229-3901
Voice: 210-767-3332, Fax: 210-567-1136, Email: demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu