[RASMB] Intensity Scan Help

Peter Edward Prevelige Jr prevelig at uab.edu
Fri Jul 22 09:52:25 PDT 2011

Hi All

We are still having problems with our XL-A.  I have run intensity scans across an empty rotor hole at 280  (counterbalances in pos 2 & 4, scan cell 3). I'm not sure I set it up right  but if I did the intensity averages 6700 but varies from about 6500 to 7500. Apart from much lower noise fluctuations it appears that the reference and sample land on top of one another at all points.  What sort of variation should I be seeing with radial distance.

What sort of tests should I be doing to evaluate the optical system?

Thanks

Peter

Peter E. Prevelige Jr.
Professor