[RASMB] AUC of oligonucleotides

Dmitry Veprintsev dmitry.veprintsev at psi.ch
Mon Apr 4 06:00:12 PDT 2011

Dear Timothy,
from my experience with short oligos (12-24 bp),
Vbar of 0.5 seems to give expected molecular weight in equilibrium
run, at a reasonable ionic strength of 150-225 mM.
At lower ionic strength DNA seems to behave non-ideally - but you can
always run a control of DNA only to see what Vbar you should use.
regards, Dmitry