[RASMB] rotor derating

Ariel Lustig ariel.lustig at bluewin.ch
Wed Feb 2 03:03:44 PST 2011

Dear  colleagues, dear  J. Kornblatt,
I looked in  an  old  Beckman Warranty  (since  I  am no  more in  active in work) ,  Such  warranty sheet
comes  in each new   rotor  package delivert, it is worth to  keep it. As you  Judith mailed , nothing
mentioned about , that  ,as  you  said , occurs   first, time or  runs , the  rotor  speed  can  be  derated
 by  10 % of   the  previous allowed   speed. Usually not   each  run  is  used  at   maximum speed,
(privatly I don't  registrate  runs   below 50% of the  maximum allowed   speed).
Rotors with the  capacity of  60 K-rpm I derate  to about   52-K -rpm , and the  rotor  starts  a new  life
with  max.~ 52-K -rpm . I don't  think , if you  don't   plane  all  runs  at   Max. speed, the  rotor should
replaced.....ariel
ariel.lustig at bluewin.ch