[RASMB] Dirty Cells Stuck

Stephen McLaughlin stephenm at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Fri Nov 12 03:54:54 PST 2010

Dear RASMBers,

I have started looking after the AUC here and we have had problems with the sensitivity of the FDS.  As users have kept the fluorescence cells assembled in the housings between runs, I suggested  they should disassemble the cells and give the components a good clean.   Unfortunately they can't get the cell assembly out.  I suspect that there has been leakage and there is dried material gluing them altogether.   What are your recommendations.  Can I soak them in the hope of losening them?  Or should I take them to the workshop to force them out.  Will they take the pressure?

Many thanks,

Stephen

Stephen McLaughlin, Ph.D.

MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology